Skip to main content

Our Christmas

We decided to do Christmas early....and so it continues. Santa informed us that he wanted some peanut butter cookies left for him, so Claire and I got busy. We whipped up a batch of peanut butter blossoms and left a few out for the big guy on Friday night. Saturday morning the presents were left and Claire was overwhelmed. She wanted to play with each and every thing as soon as she opened them and didn't quite like the promptings to continue opening more. Mya, on the other hand, was perfectly content nawing on the packages or pieces of paper strewn around the floor. By the end of the morning, we had a princess (Sleeping Beauty) complete with coordinating high heels (or slippers as Claire calls them) and a pink backpack. That Santa knew that Claire has a few a long airplane rides in her future and set her up with a backpack, books, Hello Kitty lip stuff and paintless paints. He did a great job. Mya got this great little musical activity table, some books and a ball toy. Those gifts are a combination of Santa, Mom and Dad and Grammy and Papa. Chris' Mom made the girls some jammies. They were a bit big, so we had to mix and match. Claire is such a petite little thing that she could clearly wear Mya's jammies for awhile if her head weren't so big. The jammies were a hit. Claire put hers on immediately, but took them off after doucing them with water and pranced around naked for the rest of the night.That's our girl.All in all, our first of two Christmas' was wonderful and I am even happier to say that our Christmas is all packed up and put away for another year. Yahoo. It will be great to return home and not have to clean that up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...